Pages


Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (7): Sacrifice




Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Sacrifice
(The Elementals, #5)
by Brigid Kemmerer
Releases |September 30th 2014 by Kensington Teen|
One misstep and they lose it all. For the last time.
Michael Merrick is used to pressure. 
He’s the only parent his three brothers have had for years. His power to control Earth could kill someone if he miscalculates. Now an Elemental Guide has it out for his family, and he’s all that stands in the way. 
His girlfriend, Hannah, gets that. She’s got a kid of her own, and a job as a firefighter that could end her life without a moment’s notice. 
But there are people who have had enough of Michael’s defiance, his family’s “bad luck.” Before he knows it, Michael’s enemies have turned into the Merricks’ enemies, and they’re armed for war. 
They’re not interested in surrender. But Michael isn’t the white flag type anyway. There will be blood on the ground tonight…

Why I'm Waiting...
This series is just awesome! I've been loving it since the beginning and I've been really curious about getting into Michael's head. 

11 comments:

  1. I keep seeing the series on so many blogs but I've never read any of the books. I plan to soon, to see what the fuss is about :D
    Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I really like this series. :D Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! Haven't read this series, but keep hearing about it! Might have to read it someday!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series before. Although I'm not a fan of book covers with real people on it, the premise of this sounds pretty interesting. Great choice! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read books 3 and 4, but I'm still crazy-excited for this one (I love Michael's character so much)!

    Fabulous WOW choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh look at his pretty eyes! LOL I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, yes. Love the cover and excited to read. Hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no those eyes!! *_* I still haven't started with this series but these covers make me wanna grab them right now. Great pick Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I STILL need to start this series. I have book one but I've yet to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I own the first book of this series but still haven't started it... And I think I'm missing out because everyone loves these books.

    Anyway, hope you get to read and love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get caught up on this series! I really liked Storm!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete