Pages


Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (8): Messenger of Fear




Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Messenger of Fear
by Michael Grant
Releases |August 26th 2014 by Electric Monkey|
Mara wakes in a field of dead grass, a heavy mist pressing down on her. She is terrified, afraid that she is dead. Then a beautiful young man dressed in black appears. He calls himself Messenger of Fear.
This boy is able to move effortlessly through space and time. He also sees the darkness in human hearts. He sees the evils done: the destructive lies, the cruelty, the bullying, the violence. And if the world does not bring justice to those who do evil, he will. He offers the wicked a game. If they win, they go free. If they lose, they will live their greatest fear. Either way, their sanity will be challenged.
It is a world of fair but harsh justice. Of retribution and redemption. And mystery. Why was Mara chosen to be the Messenger’s apprentice? What has she done to deserve this terrible fate? She won’t find out until three of the wicked receive justice. And when she does, she will be shattered.

Why I'm Waiting...
I'll give any book that Michael Grant writes a try because I've enjoyed most of the books that I've read by him. Loved his Gone series and I've been enjoying his BZRK trilogy as well. So I'm definitely curious about this one. 

18 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds amazing! O_O Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! This does sound exciting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard about this one before (I always find something new on your blog!) so I am definitely looking it up. :D
    Hope you get it soon!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't finished his first series yet, but I enjoyed it. Hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazingggg, but I haven't picked up any of his books, how are they? But definitely picking this one up for sure :)

    Happy Reading!
    My WoW; http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2014/02/waiting-on-wednesday-55-dear-killer-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his books :) If you want something action packed, his books are definitely that!

      Delete
  6. Oooh I haven't read any Michael Grant books but that might have to change. The synopsis sounds really interesting and the mc has the name of one of my favorite characters. Happy reading!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, woah, woah. HOW DID I NOT HEAR OF THIS? I lovvvvve Michael Grant!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just found out about it around 2 days ago :) So your not too far behind!

      Delete
  8. Wow!! that cover is intense. I had no idea Grant has a new book coming out soon. I have Gone, but haven't read it yet. Must correct that mistake soon, eh? ;) Great choice, Janina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hadn't heard of this one before, but is sounds interesting. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!
    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read anything by Michael Grant yet, but I do have BZRK on my tbr... Messenger of Fear sounds really intriguing too. Thanks for introducing it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen this book before! Although I have heard of the author. I hope you read and enjoy this book!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one looks interesting
    thanks for stopping by My Waiting on Wednesday
    88dreamers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read anything by Michael Grant yet but I have heard heaps about his books. I love the psychic and paranormal part of the blurb! Adding to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read anything by Michael Grant but I know a lot of people love him. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! I haven't read anything by him before either, but I love the sound of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the cover looks interesting

    ReplyDelete