Pages


Monday, March 18, 2013

Sever by Lauren DeStefano

Sever
(The Chemical Garden, #3)
by Lauren DeStefano
Released |February 12th 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers|
Edition |Hardcover, 371 pages|
Add to Goodreads

Time is running out for Rhine in this conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Chemical Garden Trilogy.
With the clock ticking until the virus takes its toll, Rhine is desperate for answers. After enduring Vaughn’s worst, Rhine finds an unlikely ally in his brother, an eccentric inventor named Reed. She takes refuge in his dilapidated house, though the people she left behind refuse to stay in the past. While Gabriel haunts Rhine’s memories, Cecily is determined to be at Rhine’s side, even if Linden’s feelings are still caught between them.
Meanwhile, Rowan’s growing involvement in an underground resistance compels Rhine to reach him before he does something that cannot be undone. But what she discovers along the way has alarming implications for her future—and about the past her parents never had the chance to explain.
In this breathtaking conclusion to Lauren DeStefano’s Chemical Garden trilogy, everything Rhine knows to be true will be irrevocably shattered.


Let me start off saying that I am so sad to see this trilogy end. After reading the last page of this book, it finally hit me that there will not be another to come. Doesn't that feeling just suck?! This is a trilogy that I have loved from start to finish...*sigh* I felt that the book wrapped up pretty good, but there are somethings that I did not agree with, but cannot discuss because it would be a spoiler. But yeah, great final installment in the chemical garden trilogy! There were tons of twist and turns, developments, and final reveals to keep you turning the page.


Okay, I'll start with the characters. Rhine, I have always liked. In this installment, she is trying to find a way to her brother now that she knows he there. A lot happened during the journey to her brother. Secrets were reveal and many things happened. Linden. I can't even, like really. I can't even discuss him right now. If you've read the book you'll know why. But, seriously WHY? I understand 'the big picture' and that things had to happen for the 'final' thing to happen, but I just can't. And from the start of this series and to the end of this series I still do not like Cecily. I know a lot of people felt bad for her in this book, I did too a little bit, but the girl annoys me to much to feel sorry for her. And I also still could get over the relationship with Cecily and Linden. It makes my stomach turn sometimes. Seriously, she's a child and she acts like it. She did develop in this final book, finally, and I will give her that, but she still had those moments of inconsideration. She did what she wanted and she got her way because no one wanted to hurt her feelings cause she was pregnant. But enough about her...And I still feel as though I don't know enough about Gabriel. I wish he would have appeared more in book one and three. He's really never around much, except for book 2.

This final installment was a definite page turner. There was tons of action in this book. TONS! So many things happened and we learned so many secrets that Vaughn kept were unraveled. If you have started this series, I would definitely recommend to finish it. This has been one of my top dystopian series that I've loved :) I'm so sad to see it end. Okay, I feel like I'm about to ramble so I'll end this review here!




11 comments:

  1. I haven't read Wither yet so I won't read your review. I must find some time to read this series as everyone are crazy about it :) I hope I'll find some time soon. I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to start the series because I love it :)

      Delete
  2. I have Sever, but I don't have the rest of the trilogy, lol ;) The action sounds great, and I've heard so many good things about this trilogy. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Of all the books you have book 3, the final one :) That's too funny!

      Delete
  3. I agree, I still don't know Gab as much as I want, and I too was so sad to see this ending!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish he was there a tad bit more. It would have been nice to get to know him! Another series gone for me. I swear thats like 3 in the last few months. Matched, this one, and the hush hush one!

      Delete
  4. ooh im SO glad that this was a page turner for you!! I only read the first book, so I cant wait to continue on! Lovely review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I forgot you started the series :) I can't wait to see what you think of the next two books!

      Delete
  5. I still have to read these books. I haven't actually read any reviews for it but I have heard some great things about it. I can't wait to finally get started on them! I'm glad you enjoyed this, Janina!

    Awesomesauce review! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read them Maida :) If you can get over the weirdness you'll love it! lol

      Delete
  6. I've read the first one, but nothing really made me want to continue the series. This review kind of makes me regret it, though! And I totally know what you mean! You wait YEARS for a series to end, then it hits you that there's no more... *sobs*

    I remember that Cecily did drive me crazy too, and Linden...I wasn't wild about him. I did like Gabriel, though, so I'm disappointed that he's really not in this one! Fab review, Janina! (:

    Loves,
    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete