Pages


Monday, March 4, 2013

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky
(Under the Never Sky, #1)
by Veronica Rossi
Released |January 3nd 2012 by HarperCollins|
Edition |Audio|
Source |Library|
Add to Goodreads

Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered. This was worse.
Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - known as The Death Shop - are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild - a savage - and her only hope of staying alive.
A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile - everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

I did not think that I would enjoy Under the Never Sky as much as I did. Maybe that's why it took me so long to read, but I'm so glad I finally decided to pick up the audio book from the library. I really enjoyed the world that Veronica Rossi created. With the Realms and the smart eyes and all those other awesome things that make up this book, were very unique. I can't wait to get my hands on book 2 :) Oh and I don't know why I thought this book involved fairies. That's what I get for not reading the synopsis lol


When I first started the book I was a bit confused about things. I didn't really understand what was happening and wasn't really connecting to any of the characters. But as the book progressed, I found myself enjoying the constant bickering between Aria and Perry. I thought it was annoying in the beginning, but I came to love it. I liked Aria :) At first, I wasn't connecting with her but then she started to show how awesome she could be. She was smart and I enjoyed all the questions she would ask and her determination to keep pushing forward. And I also enjoyed the relationship between her and Perry and can't wait to see where book 2 leads too. I loved Perry! HE was awesome even though at times he could be a little bit headstrong. He was a tough guy, but had a lot of family issues he was dealing with and I felt sympathy towards him.

I enjoyed the journey the two took together and the people the crossed paths with. Cinder was an awesome side characters and I'm hoping there is more of him in book two. And I would also like to know why he is the way he is. I also don't know how I feel about Roar. It's not that I didn't like him or anything, but I think I need to see more of him. I enjoyed the romance aspect of this book and the action was pretty awesome as well. I can't wait to pick up book 2 and am mad that I haven't read this book sooner!




14 comments:

  1. The world and Aria sounds great. I want to read this one, and it sounds fun!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've read a book that involves a world like this one before! Which says a lot :)

      Delete
  2. To be honest I'll read this book just because of Aria...well there is a story for that (one day I'll have a samoyed and her name will be Aria) so there goes that. Anyway I've heard mixed things about this one but still I can't wait to read it! :) Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aria was a pretty awesome character once I warmed up to her :) I was really skeptical at first to try this one out because of the mixed reviews, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

      Delete
  3. I am so happy that it got better as you read. I have this book but have yet to read it. I think I am like you. I am a little scared I won't like it. But I will get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it :) I really want to see your review!

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it! I had to laugh about the fairies assumption, but I'd done that with other books too. I assume something and as I'm reading I think, well when is the x going to make an appearance. Re-read the blurb, hmmm, there is no mention of x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know right :) I was laughing as I was reading it and wondering when fairies would appear. Then I read the synopsis and was like 'oh'!

      Delete
  5. My feelings exactly! Can't wait to get my hands on the second book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the ebook of the second a couple of weeks ago and now I need to find time to read it!

      Delete
  6. Wow, this makes me super excited to read this one! I still haven't! o.O

    I like how you said that Perry was really headstrong, but he had a lot of issues. I think I'll like him, and Aria just sounds awesomesauce! But lol, I don't get fairies from the synopsis....*cracks up* I do the same thing! ;D

    Loves,
    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you get a chance to check it out :D! Perry was pretty interesting to get to know.

      Delete
  7. I just started this one so I'm glad to hear that you liked it! Hmm, glad to know that the beginning is a little slow but it picks up-lets me know that I shouldn't give up! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book so much! Still haven't got the second one but I can't wait to go back and to read more about Aria and Perry (I just LOVE him) :)

    And I also hope there will be some explanation about Cinder. And about Roar, well, I can't really say anything because I loved him and I highly recommend you to read Roar and Liv (I mean, if you haven't already :P)

    I'm glad you've enjoyed it even though the beginning was a bit confusing. And great review :P

    XX Ner

    ReplyDelete