Pages


Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

The Indigo Spell
(Bloodlines, #3)
by Richelle Mead 
Released |February 12th 2013 by Razorbill|
Edition |Hardcover, 401 pages|

Add to Goodreads
In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

Richelle Mead is just a fantastic author! :) I think this is probably my favorite book in the Bloodlines series. The romance was on fire and the action was definitely turned up in this installment. Now, usually I have a problem with the amount of action that in this series, but I had no complaints with this book. It was ALL there :)


Now I must say that Adrian has completely took my heart with this installment. Now I'm still Team Dimitri all the way, but that's with the VA series. But in this Bloodlines series, I completely fell for Adrian. He just has this way about him that draws you in! The relationship between him and Sydney was awesome :D I was so happy to see how things progressed with the two. I smiled every time the two came together. And Sydney has grown on me as well. I use to think she was a tad bit boring, but in this book she was her own person and started thinking for herself. The Alchemists mindset wasn't in the forefront of her thoughts. It was just her own opinions on matters and I really liked that. I feel she is definitely growing as a character and becoming her own person.

In this installment, Sydney is on the hunt for Marcus, an ex-Alchemist who broke away, to find out the secrets he knows the Alchemists are hiding. And on top of that, she might be in danger of her teacher's magical sister. I found that I did not care too much for Marcus. I mean, he helped and all, but he was kind of all over the place and I didn't like that. And I really like the magic aspect that the author has incorporated into these books. It brings more to the story than the world of vamps and dhampires. And with the hunt for her teacher's sister, that brought a lot more action out of the story :)

And is it just me, but are all these forbidden romances a killer! Adrian and Sydney, and then we have the side characters, Jill, Eddie, Angelina, and Trey to deal with. OMG, my mind! Awesome installment and I can't wait for the next in the series because the ending was kind of hilarious to me :)

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you! :) This series is becoming better and better so I can't wait for the next book! :) Adrian is really a sweetheart here and even Sydney is cool :) Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now, Adrian is mine. No winning of your heart allowed. JK of course. Glad you enjoyed it, I preordered the next last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can HAVE Adrian lol! I just think he's a nice guy. I see why everyone loves him :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm. I have never read anything by Richelle Mead, but I'm really glad that you liked it! Sydney sounds like she matured a lot, and I totally know what you mean about too much action! And hahahaha, love the comment by Brandi! :P

    Loves,
    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you give Mead a chance :) She is one of my FAVE authors! Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  4. I must agree with you, this is the best Bloodlines book yet and Adrian completely OWNS my heart now. He is so wonderful and dedicated and honest, a true delight.
    Now that he's not competing against Dimitri, I'm free to adore him as much as I want. :)
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete