Pages


Thursday, December 12, 2013

Blood Bound by Keshia Swaim


Blood Bound
by Keshia Swaim
Released |October 8th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press|
Edition |Physical ARC|
Source |Publisher|
Add to Goodreads
Starting college a year early is hard. Starting fae college and learning to protect the world from the Unseelie is harder.
Brielle Reed has always been an over-achiever, but this time she may have bitten off more than she can chew. Between her crash course in fae politics, struggles to control her new mind-reading ability, training sessions with the demanding Dr. Schwartz, and discoveries about the father who is still a mystery to her, Brielle finds herself longing for a chance at a normal life.
But she may not get that chance. Or chance at a life at all, for that matter.
So I have absolutely no idea what to rate this book. My thoughts are so jumbled together as well as my feelings for the book. When I first started Blood Bound, I was really close to DNF'ing it. After about a month or so (I really don't know), I came back to it and finished it in a day because it's a really short read. I had a lot of problems with this book, but by the time I got to the end of the story, I was actually pretty intrigued. I wouldn't say that I liked it, but I also wouldn't say that didn't like if that makes any sense.

I felt this book was all over the place in scene switching. One minute we're here and then the next were there. I also had no connection to any of the characters, but I must say that I did like Brielle's roommate Pamie. She made the story fun. The romance was big part of the story as well as the Unseelie trying to take over. I couldn't get with the romance either. But that's the thing, I didn't like many things, but somehow by the end of the story I was just...okay with the book. I guess what I'm trying to say is that everything was just okay, if that makes since. It was an okay book. I didn't hate any of the character and I didn't hate the romance or the story. I just wish there was some sort of wow factor that would have gotten me excited.

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm, to be honest, from the description, this sounds like a book that's just 'the same old', with not much that's original or compelling enough to make me want to read it.

    Sorry it was a let down and left you feeling a bit 'eh' :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping this book would surprise me and give me more, but it just didn't.

      Delete
  2. The scene switching def sounds distracting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Maybe every 3-5 pages it switched to something new.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry this happened to you! I hate when I read a book and I don't know what it meant to me, or what I really think. I hope that your next read really wows you, girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DNF books never ends good and going through it is hard!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just DNF a book, but I wanted to finish this since I got it for review.

      Delete
  5. That's strange, maybe you just pushed through instead of DNFing which made you think "well it's not that bad after all". These days I am DNFing books that switch around, I think it's my pet peeve.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol It probably is your pet peeve if you've done it to more than one book.

      Delete