Pages


Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (62): Lies My Girlfriend Told Me

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper
Lies My Girlfriend Told Me
by Julie Anne Peters
Releases |June 10th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers|
Add to Goodreads
When Alix's charismatic girlfriend, Swanee, dies from sudden cardiac arrest, Alix is overcome with despair. As she searches Swanee's room for mementos of their relationship, she finds Swanee's cell phone, pinging with dozens of texts sent from a mysterious contact, L.T. The most recent text reads: "Please tell me what I did. Please, Swan. Te amo. I love you."
Shocked and betrayed, Alix learns that Swanee has been leading a double life--secretly dating a girl named Liana the entire time she's been with Alix. Alix texts Liana from Swanee's phone, pretending to be Swanee in order to gather information before finally meeting face-to-face to break the news.
Brought together by Swanee's lies, Alix and Liana become closer than they'd thought possible. But Alix is still hiding the truth from Liana. Alix knows what it feels like to be lied to--but will coming clean to Liana mean losing her, too?
Why I'm Wishing...
I ran across this book on Pinterest and the title immediately made me want to check it out :) So, of course, I had to look it up on Goodreads. I don't typically go for books like this, but I'm now curious.

21 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I'd be more interested if there was a paranormal or horror twist or something though. I'm not in much of a contemporary mood at present :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard about the book before but the title is pretty interesting.
    I hope you get it soon and enjoy it!

    CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but it does sound intriguing, though I don't know if it's my kind of book. Hope you enjoy it though! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this one either. Hope you enjoy it once you get it!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, sounds like an interesting book. Thanks for sharing :)

    following via twitter, gfc, bloglovin, fb & goodreads! Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am curious now too! This one sounds different. Thanks for sharing :)
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't never heard of this one and I'm not sure I'd enjoy it but I'm curious for sure. Hope you'll get it soon. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, I just added it on my tbr list! I'd love to read a good lesbian young adult romance, but there aren't many. I noticed how there's a lot of m/m books, but not f/f. And I don't like to read erotica, so this being young adult will be perfect for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really interesting! This doesn't seem like my kind of read, but I'd be curious as to what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good! Hope you get it soon and thanks for stopping by my WW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't heard of Lies My Girlfriend Told Me but it sounds really interesting. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds awesome and I love the cover!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen Lies around a couple times. It sounds interesting, but I'm still not sure if it's one I'll be picking up or not. I will look forward to your review!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this one around a few times, but everytime I see it I get even more excited for it! It sounds really interesting and I'm excited to see what happens between Alix and Liana.
    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of this book! But I hope you enjoy it when you read it :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way this one sounds! Thanks for sharing, it's definitely going on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds good, and hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one is new for me, great choice. Thanks for stopping by our WOW
    nahomi @ Books & Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not sure this is the right book for me since it has this creepy odd love triangle and I really hate LTs, but the title is interesting, and I seem to remember the author's name from somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh this sounds great actually. I've read a few of this author's novels and I really love her!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this one is new to me, but I am loving the sound of it!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete