Pages


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My 2014 Challenges!

For the year 2014, I want to set some reading challenges for myself. I didn't do any for the year 2013, but I did complete my reading goal.

For 2014, I want to read 115 books, so I'm really hoping to complete that challenge.
(You can check my goodreads to see how I'll do on that!)
I'm going to make my challenges small, but I want to complete them all.


TBR Challenge
-Read 10 books that were released before 2014 that have been on my shelf as of 12/29/13
4/10 books completed
1. Mist by Susan Krinard
2. Targeted by Katie Reus
3. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
4. Champion by Marie Lu
5. The Eye of Minds by James Dashner

Audio Book Challenge
-Listen to 10 audio books
1/10 audio books completed
1. Virals by Kathy Reichs

Complete a Series or Trilogy
-Complete 5 series or trilogies that I've already started
5/5 series completed
1. Under the Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi
2. The Mythos Academy Series by Jennifer Estep
3. Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
4. Blood of Eden Trilogy by Julie Kagawa
5. Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

Outside of the Usual
-I never really read outside my usual genres that I read, but I want to give more a try.
1. Historical fiction - 0/1
2. Time Travel - 1/1 - The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
3. New Adult - 1/1 - Addicted To You by Krista and Becca Ritchie
4. Comtemporary - 1/1 - Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
5. Adult Romance - 1/1 - Targeted by Katie Reus

(If you have any recommendations for any of these genres, please feel free to leave them in a comment!)


6 comments:

  1. Your post has really inspired me! I think I'll try the "Out of the Usual" challenge as well, because there are plenty of genres which I haven't read a lot, such as science fiction or romance. I also have several series on my list, some of which I've started reading but never finished, Hmmm... One more challenge? haha.

    Mada @ All Fantasy Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've recommended Grave Mercy for Historical, but you already read that. ^^ So... Hm... Persoanlly, I'm a fan of Rebecca Gablé's books for that genre, I don't read that much historical myself, but love her writing and story waving. But she's a German author and it seems that the books I've read so far haven't been translated. =(

    Anyhoot, 115 is a lot of books, and all the smaller challenges are nice. I'm pretty sure you'll get them all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on challenges but will try to set some goals for 2014 because I like to mix things up. I can give you some great YA audio recommendations:
    The Diviners by Libba Bray - yes, it's long, but an amazing narrator
    Curseworker series by Holly Black -- narrated by Jesse Eisenberg -- amazing!
    Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm -- narrated by the fantastic Lauren Fortgang!
    Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan -- so good on audio!

    Good luck with your challenges and Happy New Year :)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually do official challenges either. I tend to just try and read what I can and mix things up. I might try out at least one challenge for 2014 though.

    For historical fiction, I need to read more...Code Name Verity was great if you haven't already read it. Another historical novel I WANT to read is In the Shadow of Blackbirds. Both YA titles.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely horrible at challenges. I'm great in the beginning, but somewhere down the line I forget and stop tracking. While I always meet my end of year total book count goal, the novel type challenges tend to loose it's steem. I envy the bloggers who can keep track of those. Best of luck to you, Janina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge hope you succed I have set my goal to a 100 books.

    ReplyDelete