Pages


Monday, December 23, 2013

Wrap Up: 2013

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone had a great year in books! I finished my goodreads goal of reading 110 books and I'm really excited about that. So I say, it was a successful year! I can't wait to get on the ball for 2014. This year I read quite a few interesting books, some outside of my usually genre, some good reads, and some bad reads.

If you want to see the list of books I read in 2013, you can check them out here. Want to see the reviews on the books I reads, check them out here. See my author interviews and guest posts here.

For the year 2013, I also participated in my first readathons and they were so fun :) I also participated in my first live book talk/chat. I'm glad I got to enjoy those this year! I want to thank all my new followers of the year and also my old followers. And also those who visit my blog and leave comments, whether its for one day out the week, month, or even the year! Seeing the comments makes me happy because I love seeing what you guys think :)

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to change my blog design for 2014. Should I? I would love your feed back on that!

Top 10 books of 2013
I just realized that every book on my list is a part of a series lol
I'm thinking these are my top books of 2013, but I don't know for sure. 
These books stood out to me and are ones that I enjoyed a lot!

Books That Surprised Me
All four of these books surprised me because I didn't really know what to expect of them and ended up enjoying them. 

14 comments:

  1. ooh, Appollyon was really good! my favorite out of the whole series. I love Under the Never Sky trilogy too!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its one of my top favorites out the series :) And I can't wait to read Into the Still Blue!

      Delete
  2. Regarding the last four books in this post: I love books which surprise me. They're the ones which stick with me the longest, their stories haunting my bookworm-self (yes, I think every reader has their own, lol) long after finishing them. "The Shadow of the Wind" was a book which I started reading without any expectations and it turned out to be amazing!

    Mada @ All Fantasy Worlds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think going into books blind makes the story that much more fuN! And I've not read the Shadow of the Wind, but I'll have to look it up :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your accomplishment! I have two books left until I fulfill my challenge :) I honestly have no idea how many I'll put next year. Also I'm so happy that Where Moon Isn't surprised you. I truly want to read it :) Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Where the Moon Isn't. that's great it surprised you in a good way!! Congrats on your reading goal. That's awesome. I like your layout, but it's all up to you! Sometimes you just need change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty interesting read and turned out to be really good :) I hope you get the chance to read it!

      Delete
  5. I agree with you about Under the Never Sky! It was super surprising, and These Broken Stars was too. :) Glad you made your goodreads goal! I failed epically at mine, LOL. As for the blog design thing - I really think that you should do whatever you want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I finally started the Under the Never Sky series :) I was so skeptical but I really liked the first two books and can't wait to read the last one!

      Delete
  6. Ahh! Great list Janina! I'm so sad I still haven't picked up The Eternity Cure or Scarlet! Happy Reading and Happy Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too finally got around to Under Never Sky and wasn't expecting much but loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 110 books is amazing!! Great job :)
    Wishing you a great year of blogging in 2014!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just realized I haven't read a single book from your top 10! Yikes. I've heard non stop raving about Origin, but I'm still not convinced into reading the series. Should I? Lol. You're probably like DUH. I read Eternity Cure, well, I was halfway through and then my galley expired. :( I really need to read Percy Jackson so I can read the spin off books ehem ehem House of Hades! I am planning on reading Under the Never Sky too but then my Nook broke (I bought the ebook of UTNS).

    ReplyDelete