Pages


Friday, April 27, 2012

The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward

The BDB: An Insider's Guide
by J.R. Ward
Released |October 7th 2008 by NAL Trade|
Edition |Trade Paperback, 467 pages|
Prepare to enter the dark, passionate world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood and get up close and personal with each of the Brothers....

You'll find insider information on the Brotherhood, including their dossiers, stats, and special gifts. you'll read interviews with your favorite characters, including a heartbreaking conversation with Tohrment and Wellsie, conducted three weeks before she was killed by lessers. You'll discover deleted scenes -- accompanied by the whys behind the cuts -- in addition to exciting material from the J.R. Ward message boards and the answers to questions about the series posed by readers. you'll learn what it's like for J.R. Ward to write each installment of the series, and in a fascinating twist, you'll read an interview with the author -- conducted by the Brothers. For the first time ever, you'll see an original novella about Zsadist and Bella, and witness the miracle of their daughter Nalla's birth and experience the depth of their love for each other. Also, you'll receive a sneak peek at the much anticipated next book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Lover Avenged, Rehvenge's story.

This is a compendium no black Dagger Brotherhood fan should miss...and an insider's guide that will seduce you as powerfully as the sexy band of Brothers and the "ferociously popular" world in which they live.

My Thoughts
This was an amazing inside to the Black Dagger Brotherhood and J.R. Wards thoughts! I absolutely loved it! It made me laugh so hard and reminded me of all those moments of each brother I had when reading their individual stories :)

If you enjoy this series, this is a MUST READ book! You need to get your hands on it ASAP! I enjoyed everything, but sometimes I skipped certain things. Like the section For Writers. I felt that didn't pertain to me since, you know, I don't want to be and am not a writer.

I am going to briefly talk about the things that I loved! Which is everything :)

The message board with the Brothers and Ward had me laughing so hard! It's a side to the Brothers that you don't get to see that often in the books and it's also more of them interacting with each other in a way that makes me love them more! It's different from the actual books :) They're joking and arguing with each other like any person would do on a day to day basis with their close friends and family! Rhage and Vishous, I swear those boys made me get a cramp in my stomach from laughing so hard! Knitter Anonymous...Rhage with one eyebrow? Haha!!!!!! I loved it :) Like seriously, read this book! The message board is what I loved the most!

The beginning of the book gives you info on each brother and what they've done recently! That section was so interesting :D I swear Rhage is so silly! And when Ward does an interview with each BDB Brother, it was so intriguing! It was like reading a book within a book. I didn't know Ward had so many issues with V.

And the deleted scenes section was awesome :) You get to see what she X'ed out of some of the books! And some of her favorite quotes from the books are also mine :) The shellans are also thrown into the mix every once in a while. I cracked up when Beth and Mary talked about what Wrath and Rhage did for Valentine's Day! I must read this book to see :D


You get to see Phury and Cormia's mating ceremony! And Lassiter, let's not forget him. I love him!

Overall amazing! A definite added bonus to this already amazing series :)  

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm just getting ready to start this series. I see it all over the blogosphere, and it's time to see what all the hype is about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read this series but I have heard amazing things about it! Can't wait to start! :D Great Review!

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can someone please send me the book, possibly without the father mine part. Thank you very much. My email is morepotter50@gmail.com. BTW, WONDERFUL review.

    ReplyDelete