Pages


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Of Poseidon
by Anna Banks
Released |May 22nd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends|
Edition |E-ARC|
Source |Netgalley|

Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen’s points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.
My Thoughts
This book intrigued me just from the title of it name :) Me, being a Poseidon lover, just couldn't resist checking this book out! Thanks Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to review this book! And this book was AMAZING! A must read :) Plus the cover is FAN-flipping-TASTIC!

This book drew me in from the very beginning! My first book with mermaids/men, also know as Syrena in this book :) I loved the whole concept. It was so intriguing! I definitely need to explore this genre more!

I could not put this book down! That's how amazing it was. The entire storyline grabbed my attention and wouldn't let go. Each character was amazing! Galen and Emma, Rayna and Toraf, Rachel...Everyone!

Galen and Emma's romance was all the way there! I loved it :) It was believable and adorable! They had there fair share of arguments though. Which made me love it even more. I adored Galen and then there was Emma with her feisty attitude. Match made :) Rayna and Toraf made me laugh continuously! Especially Rayna. She was an added bonus to this book. I can't wait to see more of her character.

"I started to say "Not too fast," but she squashes the gas under her foot, and my words are snatched away by the wind. She gives a startled shout, which I find hypocritical because I'm the one helpless in the passenger seat, and she's the one screaming like a teapot, turning the wheel back and forth like the road isn't straight as a pencil." ----- I died laughing :D

The book was a very quick and fast paced read for me :) It was quite refreshing since I haven' book like this before. I like the back history the author gives about the Syrena, it was really appreciated!

That cliffhanger...I have a bone to pick with Anna Banks about that! It was wonderful and awful all the same because now I have to wait and wait and wait to see what happens

Overall, AMAZING! I highly recommend this series to everyone who loves the genre!


3 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it! I've really wanted to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adored this book-- and I MIGHT even have used the phrase "Fan-Flipping-tastic" LOL. I like reading mermaid books anyways, but this story was just so awesome that I think even a person not so into the whole mermaid genre would love it-- and YES the cover?? Rocks my socks off hehe ;)

    ~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I've been hesitant about reading mermaid books, but you've talked me into picking this one up :)

    ReplyDelete