Pages


Friday, April 13, 2012

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Shiver
(Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
by Maggie Stiefvater
Released |August 1st 2009 by Scholastic Inc|
Edition | Ebook|
Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will be left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance.
 My Thoughts
I didn't think i would like this book even though i love werewolves. But...I really liked it! A great recommendation!

The whole concept of the wolves shifting when winter came and human when summer intrigued me! It was completely different than any other shifter book I have read. The plot was amazing :)

I didn't realized what the degrees at the beginning of the chapters were until I was halfway through the book lol! But on the other hand, there was a lot of emotions going on that was tragic, but you sympathize for the characters and want things to get better for them. I really loved that part of the book! It made the book more interesting and showed that everything wasn't all peachy. The song's that Sam wrote were amazing and brought a nice touch to the book :D

I liked Sam's character and Grace was okay. But the insta-love was annoying. Now some books I can deal with it but in this book it was just too much. I had tons of those 'rolls eyes' moments. That's what dropped the books from a 5 star to a 4 star rating. I mean the romance was nice and sweet at times and I was really loving it, but like I said before, it got to be too much.

Pardon me but this review is so not structured! lol I read this book sometime last year, so its kind of hard to not be scramble brained.

I really loved the ending! It was so exciting and can't wait to read the next installment!

Overall, the book was fun and exciting and kept you wanting more :) If you can get past the lovey dovey, I definitely recommend this book to you!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't like this series too much, but I still enjoyed it. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you about the instalove. kind of unbelieveable. Shiver was my favorite book from the series, glad to see you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam's lyrics were really something, weren't they? I begin wanting to read about books that involve music more often, it's just so... I don't know, I just love it.
    I enjoyed the new take on werewolves and shifting, too, and that they became real, real wolves, and that they only had so many years until... That's just so sad, don't you think?!
    Insta-love? This was six years in the making! That's what made it so awesomely sweet. There are A LOT of books with far worse insta-love cases.

    ReplyDelete