Pages


Saturday, April 7, 2012

Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan - Series Review

This review is a little bit different.
I am doing a series review of the entire Percy Jackson series!
I will talk about the characters and basically what I thought of the series as a whole. I'm not going to into each book but I will tell you my ratings of each. And which books in the series are my faves :)

 
Title: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson, #1-5)
Author: Rick Riordan
Release Date: April 1st 2006 by Miramax
Edition: Kindle books
 
 Synopsis of The Lightning Thief (book 1):
In this stunning collectors' edition of The Lightning Thief, Percy Jackson's world is brought to life with eight full-color plates by the series jacket artist John Rocco. The edition comes in an elegant slipcase with a ribbon bookmark, rough edges, and cloth cover--a perfect keepsake for fans of this truly epic series.

After getting expelled from yet another school for yet another clash with mythological monsters only he can see, twelve-year-old Percy Jackson is taken to Camp Half-Blood, where he finally learns the truth about his unique abilities: He is a demigod, half human, half immortal. Even more stunning: His father is the Greek god Poseidon, ruler of the sea, making Percy one of the most powerful demigods alive. There's little time to process this news. All too soon, a cryptic prophecy from the Oracle sends Percy on his first quest, a mission to the Underworld to prevent a war among the gods of Olympus.

This first installment of Rick Riordan's best-selling series is a non-stop thrill-ride and a classic of mythic proportions.

My Thoughts:
To start off, as I've said before, this is a series review of the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I love this series! It's amazing, fun, light, and quick.  This series is considered middle grade I believe, buy me tell you that I think all people, any age, will enjoy this series. I am 21 and absolutely loved it!

The Characters
Percy Jackson - Percy was a great character to get know throughout the entire series. The fact that he is the son of Poseidon has absolutely nothing to do with why I love him...When Poseidon is one of my favorite gods. Percy was brave and always wanted to save his friends, no matter the situation or the danger it put him in. That was one thing that I really admired. It's one of the things, in my eyes, that made him more exciting and likable. And the way he cared for his mom throughout the series was wonderful! He was outspoken when it came to things he was passionate about. I would love to have his sword! That thing is just amazing :)
Grover -  Grover, a satyr who is also the best friend of Percy, was kind of a fun character. He could be a little bit of a wuss, but he was likeable! You there is always that friend that's like, "No am not doing that", or "No, that dangerous!" lol but you love em any way :)
Annabeth - She was okay. In the beginning she was alright, but she got a bit selfish. Sometimes, she thought it was all about her or that she was to smart for everyone else, her being the daughter of Athena and all. She was okay at times, but at other times I didn't like her.
Tyson - Percy's a half brother and also half Cyclops was just adorable! I really liked him :) He was a big ol' teddy bear! Just loved him!
Luke - Poor Luke! You feel for him sometimes. He was a villian, but he was also still a child at heart and you come to realized that at the end of the series. 
The gods - OMG! The gods could be real ass hats, but at times they were hilarious! Especially, Apollo! He was hilarious, with him and the poetry!

The Adventures 
In this series, the half-bloods go on tons of adventures. The face many dangerous encounters, but as your reading this series you feel as if you right there along with them. I loved each and everyone one of them! My favorite books in the series would have to be The Lightning Thief (book 1) and The Last Olympian (book 5). Those two books were on the top but the other books were amazing as well!

I highly recommend this series to everyone! People of all ages :) It's a fun,  an adventurous, and a light read! :)


Book One: 5 stars
Book Two: 4 stars
Book Three: 4.5 stars 
Book Four: 4 stars
Book Five: 5 stars
The Series as a whole:

3 comments:

  1. FINELY! Out of all the book blog reading and following I've gotten into recently, I haven't seen a single review of Percy Jackson! THe only thing I could think of was "They're missing out on something." The Heroes of Olympus series is also amazing! And so is The Kane Chronicles. The second book, Throne of Fire, had me laughing so much that I have tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Percy Jackson series. There are literally times when I'm outside in the sun and I just get a feeling of nostalgia and want to jump into those books again! Wonderful review m'dear! Keep up the fantastic work :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick Riordan is amazing!! I love the Percy Jackson series and I just finished The Lost Hero. I can't wait to read the rest of The Heroes of Olympus series and to start the Kane Chronicles!!

    ReplyDelete