Pages


Thursday, April 5, 2012

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Title: Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Release Date: September 30th 2010 by Quercus Publishing
Edition: Paperback, 418 pages

Synopsis:
At the age of four, Bryn watched a rogue werewolf brutally murder her parents. Alone in the world, she was rescued and taken in by the mysterious Callum, the alpha of his werewolf pack. Now fifteen, Bryn’s been raised as a human among werewolves, adhering to pack rule (mostly). Little fazes her.

But the pack’s been keeping a secret, and when Bryn goes exploring against Callum’s direct orders, she finds Chase, a newly turned teen Were locked in a cage. Terrifying memories of the attack on her mom and dad come flooding back. Bryn needs answers, and she needs Chase to get them. Suddenly, all allegiances to the pack no longer matter. It’s Bryn and Chase against the werewolf world, whatever the consequences.

My Thoughts:
This is one of my first  shifter YA series that I loved, because I didn't start off reading YA. I read adult shifter books, but hadn't been introduced to the YA category at the time. Writing this review I am finding difficult since I read this book almost 2 years ago, but I'll try without spoiling :D

Bryn was adopted as a child by alpha werewolf Callum when a rogue wolf killed her parents while she hid and watched the entire thing. Soon Bryn meets Chase a boy who was recently turned. Things get a little crazy after that!

The Characters
I loved Bryn's character! She was fun :) And she also had some attitude that I liked! No push over with her. But sometimes, I felt she could be a little bit defiant and hardheaded, but after all she's only 15. LOVED LOVED LOVED Callum! I loved his whole demeanor. He was kind of suave, level headed and he showed his true emotions to Bryn which I thought was... *Awwww* ;)  His whole Alphaness just draws me to him even though he's old lol! I also like Bryn's friend Devon :) He was an added plus to the book!

Chase
When Bryn finally comes in contact with Chase, it was interesting. I was right there along with Bryn with the why can't I see him thing. I liked Chase he was sweet and adorable! Their romance, I swear, was the cutest thing to me. Now I don't want to spoil things so I am going to stop right here. But when the thing happen when Bryn did the thing lol I was like whoa. Everyone had a freak out moment.

I kind of thought things were taken to the extreme with Devon's mother, but I guess that was
unusual. But when Ali reacted, I didn't think she need to do what she did lol I am cracking up! But I did think she overreacted. Plus she had kids to think about.

But overall, amazing story! This one of the reasons why I love shifters :D I highly recommend this series!


 

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover to this book! The chiaroscuro is simply beautiful. I've read Every Other Day by Jennifer and enjoyed it so I so pick this novel up as well! Thank you for the review!

    Shortskie
    Rondo of a Possible World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you enjoyed this one too Janina! I read it a couple months ago and just loved it. I agree with you, I loved that Bryn wasn't a pushover, like many heroines seem to be unfortunately. And the romance between Bryn and Chase was very cute! Anyway, great review.

    ReplyDelete