Pages


Friday, October 12, 2012

A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies

A Fractured Light
(A Beautiful Dark, #2)
by Jocelyn Davies
Released |September 25th 2012 by HarperTeen|
Edition |Hardback, 352 pages|
Add to Goodreads

When she wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, Skye knows something terrible has happened to her. It's not until she hears Asher, the dark, rebellious angel she fell in love with, that the memories come flooding back. She tries to put the past behind her, but she knows she'll be forever haunted by the ruthless betrayal that almost took her life.
Skye returns home, but with the knowledge of who she really is, nothing can ever be the same. As she tests the limits of her newfound powers, Skye discovers that she's capable of far more than anyone could have imagined. Both the Order and the Rebellion want her for their side as war between the factions looms. She can't forget the terrifying truth she now knows about the Order, but something holds her back from embracing the Rebellion.
"A Fractured Light" picks up right after "A Beautiful Dark"'s shocking cliffhanger ending and is perfect for fans of Lauren Kate's "Fallen" and Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush saga.

Going into reading this book, I pretty much remember nothing from A Beautiful Dark. I know that I enjoyed it, but I couldn't remember much of anything, only bits and pieces here and there. Things started popping back into my head once I started the story, which was awesome, and I liked the fact that there are glimpses of the first book so that if you're like me, it may jog some memory. I love the world Jocelyn has created with the Order and the Rebellion. It's a different take with a different spend on the way I'm use to seeing Angel books being written.


I was really excited going into this book and being reunited with the characters. I still adore Asher :) He is probably my absolute favorite character within this whole series, along with Cassie, Skye's friend. I love Asher because he brings the darker elements to the story and I just really enjoy his character and his persona. And with Cassie, she's the bubbly  friend with a good heart and who is very lovable.

I loved the whole idea with Skye and her visions. It brought a new twist to the story that was very different than the first. But I find it funny that I put two and two together faster than she did...But the vision with her on the beach really has me intrigued. I really want to know who the guy is lying on the ground, but I have an idea in my mind and I'm not happy with it. In this book, Skye annoyed the crap outta me. From her constant indecision to...her constant indecision. Like seriously?! How hard is it. And why can't you stick to what you chose the first go 'round. I do not understand her whole, whatever it is, with Devin. If you're so in love with Asher, then WTF? Also, I was highly bored with this book the majority of the time. It got slow paced at times and there wasn't really that much action in it.

Overall, I thought the book was okay. I was pretty disappointed with it and I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first. There were some enjoyable moments, but then there were also some 'ugh' moments. I will read the last book to see what will happen, but I'm not as enthused about reading it as much as I was this one.

3 comments:

  1. owhh.. i tend to forget first books as well, so I'm glad it gave you moments that happened in the first book to refresh your memory.. but I'm sad that you were disappointed :( Great review dear!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved A Beautiful Dark but I still haven't read A Fractured Light and I've been looking forward to it. Now, I must read it, you have me intrigued. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad to hear. I enjoyed the first book and was really looking forward to this one, but my expectations have been lowered. I'll still keep an open mind though. *sigh* Don't you just hate it when book series start out amazing and slowly start to dwindle? D:

    Brilliant Review! Hopefully if there is a next book, it will be much better.

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete