Pages


Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Destroy Me
(Shatter Me, #1.5)
by Tahereh Mafi
Released |October 2nd 2012 by HarperCollins|
Edition |Ebook, 150 pages|
Add to Goodreads

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.
In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .
Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.
Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45

I honestly don't see what the big hype is about Warner. He's just your average villain to me. There's always that villain who's thinks their in love with their victim in a screw up type of way, that's Warner to me. He's in love with Juliet, but he's still an evil and torturous person in my eyes. Nothing has really changed but the fact that we get to see deeper into his 'emotions'.


To me, this book was okay. I thought it was interesting enough, but I could have done without. I was really excited to read it since everyone was talking about the different side to Warner that we'll see and whatever else, but Warner is not that exciting to me. I was pretty much bored throughout reading this. But I really like the things that was written with Juliet's journal that was left behind. Those words she'd written intrigued me with her thoughts and experiences she was going through at that time.

I definitely can't wait for Unravel Me, to see how things turn out. I know the Warner, Juliet and Adam will meet again and things might not be pretty. And Juliet will probably start falling for Warner...IDK, that's just me talking, but I can't wait to see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. Nice review! Hmm maybe I'll pass on this one though.. Btw I like the new layout of your blog!
    -
    Leigh | Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I worked hard on it! lol And this book wasn't all that great too me like everyone said it was.

      Delete
  2. I liked this novella more than you did. Warner is my favorite character from Shatter Me. Can't wait to see what Mafi has in store for Adam,Juliette and my boy,Warner.

    ReplyDelete