Pages


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday (5): A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper

A Shimmer of Angels
(Angel Sight, #1)
by Lisa M. Basso
Releases |January 29th 2013 by Month9Books, LLC|
Add to Goodreads

Sixteen-year-old Rayna sees angels, and has the medication and weekly therapy sessions to prove it. Now, in remission, Rayna starts fresh at a new school, lands a new job, and desperately tries for normalcy. She ignores signs that she may be slipping into the world she has tried so hard to climb out of. But these days, it’s more than just hallucinations that keep Rayna up at night. Students are dying, and she may be the only one who can stop it. Can she keep her job, her sanity, and her friends from dying at the hands of angels she can't admit to seeing?
Psychiatry, fantasy and real life come together in A Shimmer of Angels, as a young girl struggles with identity, secrets, and confronting her greatest fears. A Shimmer of Angels is for anyone who has ever felt like an outsider, or perhaps has felt like giving up entirely. It touches on themes of suicide, ostracism and emotional pain. The author, personally exposed to suicide through the death of a beloved family member, will donate a percentage of sales of this novel to a suicide prevention and outreach program in San Francisco, California.

Why I'm Wishing...
The cover! The cover...
The cover of this book is what drew me. I am a sucker for nice covers. For some reason, the colors and graphic effects really drew me in. I swear I only read the synopsis for this book like 2 weeks ago and I mark this on my tbr months ago :) *sigh* That's just the kind of person I am. And now that I've read the synopsis, I want the book even more. I have a thing for angel books! I don't read too many, but I love them. I can't wait for the release of A Shimmer of Angels. It sounds very interesting.

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha I totally get that. I reacted on the cover immediately. Good luck with waiting, hope they don't change the cover in the meantime.

    My WW http://mybookchest.blogspot.nl/2012/10/wishlist-scent-of-rain-pickard.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh! Don't say that! lol I would be highly upset if they changed the cover.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty cover! I love angel stories and this one sounds a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing is sure this cover looks so pretty! I'm very skeptical about books with angels but I might give this one a try. Great pick.

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i agreee! the COLORS and the cover is soooo MESMERIZING!! First time hearing about this, so thanks a lot for sharing!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing cover! I agree :) The premise is very interesting also. Good luck!

    Hee's what I'm wishing for this week:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishing-and-waiting-101012.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooh, shiny! Looks pretty and it's interesting, judging by the synopsis. Nice pick :)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I agree with the cover :D and I've never read a book with angels. Nice pick (:

    Leigh | Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete