Pages


Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Evolution of Mara Dyer
(Mara Dyer, #2)
by Michelle Hodkin
Released |October 23rd 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers|
Edition |E-ARC|
Source |Edelweiss|
Add to Goodreds

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.
She can’t.
She used to think her problems were all in her head.
They aren’t.
She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.
She’s wrong.
In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


What to say about this lovely book?! I was pulled into this book from the start! Michelle Hodkin's writing style really draws you in from the beginning. Everything flows with ease and the characters are so intriguing and continue to grab your attention with each word spoken. I read this book faster than I thought I was going to. It was just that awesome! This sequel was so much more compelling than the first. The first book was awesome, but this one was that much more! This installment had so many different twists and surprises that you will not want to miss getting you hands on a copy of it. A definite recommendation for those who have read the first and those who have yet to start this series.


I was not disappointed with this book at all. There were times when I was trying to figure out where the plot was leading me, but once everything came together, I was drawn into the story and there was no going back :) I love how with this installment there were so many different twist! You find out so many things in this book that will leave your mind boggled. The suspense keeps you turning the pages wanting to know what's going to happen next.

We are introduced to quite a few new characters. Many of them, I didn't know how I felt about them, considering everything that was happening in the story. But we also have some of characters from before. Noah, for example. His character was still the same. The relationship between him and Mara deepens and I just loved it. I am so Team Noah and Mara. And Mara...The girl had so much going on, it was hard to read. I really felt for her. The feelings, the confusion, the betrayal, the fear. Everything was happening to her. I am still kind of confused about the thing when it flipped to the past of the girl. I swear I need to reread this to see if I missed some important details :)

Overall, the book was amazing! I thought Michelle Hodkin did an amazing job with this sequel. I suggest if you've read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer to get your hands on this sequel ASAP :) And if you haven't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer to do so ASAP! This an action packed, suspenseful, mind blowing, page turning bundle of awesomeness! The ending was freaking mind boggling!!! Like seriously? Is it true? I swear, I'm about to have a panic attack not knowing. It can't be true and it BETTER not be. That chick better be lying...*deep breath*

Thanks so much to Edelweiss to providing me with a DRC of this book! It is GREATLY appreciated :) All thoughts are my honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. wow. This sounds like it was sooo good! and I'm SO happy that you were never disappointed! and ooh la la about the relationship deepening! lovely review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the first book but this sounds great. I have heard different reviews on this series, but I think I might give it a try. Great review.

    Tanja @Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might be the only person who didn't enjoyed the first book at all. It was just ok but I'll probably give this one a try. Maybe it will be better.

    ReplyDelete