Pages


Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cold Fury by T.M. Goeglein

Cold Fury
(Cold Fury, #1)
by T.M. Goeglein
Released |July 24th 2012 by Putnam Juvenile|
Edition |Hardcover, 313 pages|

Add to Goodreads

Jason Bourne meets The Sopranos in this breathtaking adventure
Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob).
Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defense--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives.
Action packed, with fresh, cinematic writing, Cold Fury is a riveting and imaginative adventure readers will devour.

I truly enjoyed Cold Fury and the story that T.M. Goeglein has created. If you love a good mystery, then I definitely recommend you pick this one up. The characters in this book have such significant roles, it's hard not to fall in love with them! I can't wait to for book 2's release, to see what adventures the sequel takes me know next.

Sarah Jane was definitely a trooper and I don't know how she did it. If my family disappeared and I had people trying to kill me with every corner I turned, I'd probably flip out. Major freak out mode style! The majority of the time she kept her composure though, since she knew she was the only one who could save them. The beginning started off a bit slow for me though, with the back and forth from past to present. But in the end those moments really did come in handy. I also loved Max and Doug's characters, especially Doug because he was a sweetheart. He kind of reminded me of Tiny from the book Will Grayson, Will Grayson. And I really hope more develops between Max and Sarah Jane.

This book was very adventurous! With Sarah Jane on the run for her life, but also trying to save her family and learning new secrets about her family history with each minute that passed, it was a true roller coaster ride. How she pieces together clue after clue amazed me. I don't read to many mysteries, but this was a great one to add to the list. The one thing about the book I didn't like was at time it dragged out with to many details. Some details were needed, but I feel it could have been toned down. One detail would be drawn out in like 3 paragraphs when there was only a need for one. But that and the slow pace of the story in the beginning is all I didn't like and everything else was amazing!

I can't wait for book 2 and definitely recommend this to all you mystery lovers out there! :)

4 comments:

  1. oh I totally agree with you regarding the too many details that were not necessary at times. But like you I really liked the mystery and this book was an adventure!

    great review

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've seen this book all over the internet but never got a chance to read it. I hope I'll soon. Sounds really good and few people recommended it to me. Great review.

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very interesting. And I really like that cover too. I'm a big fan of adventure and mystery so I will definitely look forward to this book! Thanks for the awesome review! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot this book even existed. Must read it soon! I'm glad you liked it. And there is going to be a sequel?

    ReplyDelete