Pages


Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover
(Dark Hunter, #1)
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Released |February 18th 2002 by St. Martin's Paperbacks|
Edition |Audiobook|
Source |Library|

Dear Reader,
Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.
As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.
But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?
Julian of Macedon 

I really enjoyed listening to this story, but I do have a feeling I will probably read all the books in this series out of order. :) I've already read Acheron, which is like, book 15....So yeah :) But I really did enjoy the story of Julian and Grace!


In this book you really feel for Julian's character. Sherrilyn has a way of capturing emotions in her writing like no other author has. You feel all the emotions and the pain that he's experienced in his past as if they were your own. Your heart went out to him, but the books wasn't filled with just sadness. Julian and Grace's relationship was just what I was hoping it would be. The two of them were perfect for each other. Grace's kind soul was just what Julian needed and I really liked her character as well. And Grace's friend Selena was a great addition to the story. Whenever she came around, she brought the humor. She was the friend who says the first thing that comes to mind with no regrets and I really liked that about her.

Even though this book made a lot of sexual references, there wasn't that much sex involved as I thought it would, which was a plus because you got to know the characters in dept and not just pieces here and there. So the romance in the story was definitely a plus :) There was also some suspenseful moments. The stalker patient guy was just too creepy. I wasn't expecting that at all!

The end was touching :) As everyone came together to share Grace and Julian's happiness, I couldn't help, but smile! :) I definitely enjoyed this book and would recommend it to those who actually read these. Plus, Mythology! Overall, I really liked it and will definitely be continuing the series!


1 comment:

  1. I love this series! My favorite is Dance with the Devil (#4). And I finally grabbed the most recent (#17) from the public library, so I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete