Pages


Monday, May 6, 2013

Domination by Jon S. Lewis

Domination 
(C.H.A.O.S, #3)
by Jon S. Lewis
Released |April 16th 2013 by Thomas Nelson Publishers|
Edition |eARC|
Source |Netgalley|

Add to Goodreads

THEIR GOAL IS SIMPLE: TOTAL DOMINATION.
With six arms and jaws that can snap a man in two, the warmongering race of aliens known as the Thule has conquered every planet they’ve attacked.
And now their invasion of Earth has begun.
Humanity’s only hope springs from a mysterious Thule legend about a Betrayer, who they believe will rise up and destroy their people. The American government tried to manufacture their own Betrayer by injecting children with Thule blood but time after time the experiment failed . . . until Colt McAlister.
A decade later, Colt is a 16-year-old cadet at the CHAOS Military Academy where he’s training to defend mankind. But he’s afraid that the alien blood may be turning him into a Thule—and he’s beginning to suspect that fulfilling his role as the Betrayer may cost him everything.
Experience a cosmic battle filled with high-tech gear, gateways to other planets, and ultimate stakes. Not everyone will survive. But heroes will rise up and step into their destiny in this earth-shaking conclusion to the C.H.A.O.S trilogy.

With this being the final installment in the C.H.A.O.S trilogy I was really excited going into it to see how things would end. I really enjoyed the first two installments, both being filled with tons of action and made things so exciting. I found that I enjoyed Domination, but it was a tad disappointing in some aspects. If things were more exciting, I think I would have enjoyed the story a lot more than I did. I must say that I forgot some details from book 2 since it's been so long of it's release, but I liked that this book does some reviewing from the past books. It helped to refresh my memory. I received an eARC from Netgalley. All thoughts are my honest opinion!


In this installment, the battle between the agents of Chaos and the Thule (aliens) is at it's most extreme. The Thule are determined to destroy earth and it's up to Colt and his fellow agents to stop the invasions. I felt as though things were a little boring in this book at times. From the characters to the action, things weren't as intense and interesting as in the other books. It was kind of a back and forth thing. Things would get exciting, but then the excitement would gradually recede and I'd be bored again. The characters were okay. Colt, whose struggling with the fact that he has Thule DNA running through veins, is learning to deal with all the changes that are happening to him. Oz and Danielle are pretty much the same as ever, which consist of their constant bickering and arguing. But I like that about those two :) It keeps things fun and light.

This book wasn't as action packed as the others, which is disappointed me the most. The action in this trilogy is what I really look forward to the most when going into these books. With this being the final installment I thought the action would come non stop, but it wasn't like that at all. And there also wasn't that much going on in the story that really kept me interested besides want to know if the Thule would take over. There were some enjoyable moments, especially when the action did pick up, but I just hoped there would be more. Overall, I thought this was a pretty good trilogy. I loved books one and two :) Sad to see it end though!


8 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I was really curious about this series as I really like the idea of it. I'm so sorry to hear that this one wasn't as action-packed as the previous ones! Still I think I'll give this trilogy a try one day :) Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sorry there wasn't as much action as the other books, but glad there were enough good moments to be enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that this book was disappointing! I haven't read the series, but it doesn't sound like it's for me. I'm sorry about the action. Awesome review, girly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about this last book lacking the action it needed. I bought the first book last summer but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I do look forward to checking them out though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first book :) I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete