Pages


Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston

The Beast in Him
(Pride, #2)
by Shelly Laurenston
Released |April 1st 2008 by Brava|
Edition |eBook|

Add to Goodreads
Some things are so worth waiting for. Like the moment when Jessica Ward "accidentally" bumps into Bobby Ray Smith and shows him just how far she's come since high school. Back then, Jess's gangly limbs and bruised heart turn to jelly any time Smitty's "all the better to ravish you with" body came near her. So, some things haven't changed. Except now Jess is a success on her own terms. And she can enjoy a romp-or twenty-with a big, bad wolf and walk away. Easy.
The sexy, polished CEO who hires Smitty's security firm might be a million miles from the loveable geek he knew, but her kiss, her touch, is every bit as hot as he imagined. Jess was never the kind to ask for help, and she doesn't want it now, not even with someone targeting her Pack. But Smitty's not going to turn tail and run. Not before proving that their sheet-scorching animal lust is only the start of something even wilder… 


I really enjoy this series by Shelly Laurenston. In this installment we get to experience the relationship between Bobby Ray and Jessica. We were introduced to Bobby Ray briefly in book 1 and Jessica was an entirely new characters so I was glad to see how the two would connect.  I must say that I loved this book! The relationship and the entertainment kept me thoroughly entertained the entire time.


Bobby Ray was hilarious! His sense of humor and sarcasm is amazing! :) He had an amazing caring side to him, but he could also be the big alpha that everyone new him as. The entire Smith pack, I honestly believe, are a tad bit psychotic! And the balance between the two was a plus. It took me a second to warm up to Jessica at first, but between her and her pack of wild dogs, they tended to crack me up. Jessica and Bobby Ray new each other and dated in the past, but Jessica was tormented by the females of Bobby Ray's pack and they pretty much went there separate ways. Jessica was a tad bit all over the place and had the attention span of a toddler when it came to chocolate. But I liked how caring she was when it came to the cubs of her pack. I thought it was super cute! It was also nice to see the two rediscover why the loved each other before and get to know the person they had both become.

Like I said before, the entertainment I have found these books to have is always amazing! I would series 'Laugh Out Loud' while reading the book. I like how the author can bring entertainment to a story because not all can do that. And the author's writing style really makes for a light, fast paced read. And I also like how she incorporates more than just your werewolf shifter within the story. There are multiple and the action was amazing :) Overall, I really loved the book and can't wait to continue on!

No comments:

Post a Comment