Pages


Friday, May 3, 2013

Inferno by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Inferno
(Chronicles of Nick, #4)
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Released |April 9th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin|
Edition |Hardcover, 464 pages|
Add to Goodreads

The heat is on, and a new threat to humanity has risen…
Nick has his driver’s license and he’s not afraid to use it. But turning sixteen isn’t what he thought it would be. While other boys his age are worried about prom dates and applying for college, Nick is neck deep in enemies out to stop him from living another day. No longer sure if he can trust anyone, his only ally seems to be the one person he’s been told will ultimately kill him.
But life spent serving the undead is anything except ordinary. And those out to get him have summoned an ancient force so powerful even the gods fear it. As Nick learns to command and control the elements, the one he must master in order to combat his latest foe is the one most likely to destroy him. As the old proverb goes, fire knows nothing of mercy, and if Nick is to survive this latest round, he will have to sacrifice a part of himself. However, the best sacrifice is seldom the sanest move. Sometimes it’s the one that leaves your enemies confused, and you even more so.
And sometimes, you have to trust your enemy to save your friends. But what do you do when that enemy is you?

This series has been great so far and I find the series entertaining and action packed. But, this installment was not the best. It was lacking in a lot of places, which was really disappointing for me. I found that I did enjoy it, but I felt as though certain elements were missing. Was the book action packed? Yes, but not as much as the others. The action is what I really look forward to in this series. It was there in places, but I felt like it was either too rushed or could have been developed better.


I did enjoy Nick the majority of the time is this book. He was still the same with his snarky and sarcastic comments that I really love. In this installment he continues to fight his inner demon trying to not to allow it to take over ad destroy his humanity. But Nick was also kind of depressing. He had a tendency to put himself down a lot, which I hated to see because he truly is a good guy inside, and he was easily manipulated even though he still doesn't know it. The whole thing with Casey was confusing in the beginning. And I was kind of disappointed with the whole thing with Kody as well. But hopefully the two can work things out. And there wasn't much of Kyrian at all. I love Kyrian :) Seriously, why was he not there!

The thing that confused me the most was the epilogue. It left me completely and utterly confused because it was sprung out of nowhere. We had the last chapter where Nick gets his Mom back. Okay end of story right?! But then that comes out of the epilogue...It was just confusing and I didn't understand. But overall, I did enjoy the total aspect of the story and I still like the series :) But there's always a book that not always as good as the rest. I still can't wait for the next installment, Illusion :) Because I'm hoping it will explain the epilogue!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first three books in this series even though a lot of people told me about it. I'm sorry to heard that this sequel disappointed you. Dunno maybe the author should have published less sequels? Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Hopefully the next book is good! I liked this one, bu thought it could have been better.

      Delete
  2. I heard this author is fabulous but haven't read anything by her yet. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is. I need to continue on with the adult series! I'm really behind in that one.

      Delete
  3. Sorry this wasn't as good as the previous and that the epilogue was confusing. I haven't read any in this series, but I think I would like Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good, but I haven't read the third book yet! I'll have to take extra time to do that, LOL! Great review, Janina! I'm sorry that this one was a little lacking in action for you. :(

    ReplyDelete