Pages


Thursday, August 9, 2012

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Acheron
(Dark-Hunter Universe/Dark-Hunter #12)
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Released |August 5th 2008 by St. Martin's Press|
Edition |Ebook|
The most anticipated story in the blockbuster Dark-Hunter series. The never-before-revealed story of the Dark-Hunter leader, Acheron.  He was made human in order to escape death, but in death he was reborn a god. . .  Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind.
Only it was never that simple.
For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he’ll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence.
Now his survival, and ours, hinges on hers and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both.
War has never been more deadly... or more fun.

OMG! Where do I start with this review. There were so many things about this book that was just truly amazing. Let me first say that this is the only book in the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon that I have read, but as you guys may know, I love her Chronicles of Nick series and was curious to find out more about Acheron since he appears in that series so often. And boy oh boy, how I did not suspect all of what I do know. I can't remember though, is Nick from Chronicles of Nick the Nick in this book?!

Omg, I devoured this 736 page book in a matter of a day and a half. I know right? I could not put it down. It was that amazing. It was a heartbreaking, but a heart melting. It made me laugh, cry, scream (in my head), cry some more, and then smile. I know, I roller coaster ride as you can tell. When I say I cried nonstop for a little bit more than half the book, it was just that sad. The things we learn about Ash's past is just heart wrenching. It made me just want to climb into the book and stab everyone who wronged him 100 times and stop and then stab some more. I don't know how not to make this a long review. I will try to shorten it, but...

Acheron's past just made me so angry and sad. I felt I was right there along with him feeling every single emotion and pain that he felt. So many people to advantage of him and he was just so helpless to stop them. OMG, I'm tearing up...The thing with his sister Ryssa and his nephew had me bawling my eyes out. That's probably the thing that hurt me the most. If you have read this book, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I was so tore up inside, I felt his pain. And that BITCH Artemis!....

Oh that bitch Artemis. I wanted to rip her head off so bad. I couldn't believe how she could treat Ash like that. Past and present. That pissed me off too. She was so selfish and I was just waiting for him to just do something, but good thing Tory came in for that.

I need to get out of Acheron's past, it was awful, but the present was better.

I really liked that we got Ash's past and present and I really like Tory. Tory and Ash were a bad ass combo. I felt she was just right for him. Not perfect, but just for him. Tory and her friends had me laughing throughout this book. Especially her friends, they were an added bonus that brought some lightness to the story when they were around. I really like the guy Ash grew up to be. He was strong, but you could still see that some of things from his still hindered him. And I was so happy to see that Tory show him the love that he always deserved. It was so appreciated, somebody who finally treated him right and loved him just the way it should have been. I really need to find out more about Kyrian, by the way....OMG, that just so threw me off track.

But anyways, I loved this book and probably should read all the other books in the series. In due time I suppose. Just amazing! I still can't believe I read this book in a day and a half.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you liked it. I've been thinking about starting that series, but I wasn't so sure about it. Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Nick from the Chronickles of Nick is also the Nick I this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Nick from the Chronickles of Nick is also the Nick I this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my all time favourites from the series! I love Acheron!! Glad you enjoyed this as much as I did! Great review! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very compelling tale, to-be-sure, one that is so well-written and awe-inspiring that it just lingers in your mind for days after reading. I just loved every single page of this book. Brilliant work by author Sherrilyn Kenyon.HIGHLY RECOMMEND ACHERON!

    Hannah
    Website

    ReplyDelete