Pages


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Midnight Alley
(Morganville Vampires, #3)
by Rachel Caine
Released |October 2nd 2007 by Signet|
Edition |Audio Book|
Source |Library|
Morganville is such a nice place to live... And die. If you don’t mind that sort of thing.
When Claire Danvers learnt that her college town was run by vampires, she did what any intelligent, self-preserving student would do: she applied for a transfer and stocked up on garlic. The transfer is no longer an option, but that garlic may come in handy. 
Now Claire has pledged herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town. The protection her contract secures does little to reassure her friends. All of a sudden, people are turning up dead, a stalker resurfaces from Claire’s past, and an ancient bloodsucker extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home.

This is the third installment in the Morganville Vampire series and this series does nothing but get better and better. Each story is filled with adventure and action that keeps you wanting to continue to the next book!



Something about this book I really enjoyed. I don't know why, but I just did. This really got intense in this book! Claire has come to the realization of what is actually going on in Morganville, but can't tell anyone. Must be hard! But also, so many things happened in this book that made me want to slap Claire. I swear the girl can't help but get herself into sticky situations. Almost everything she does, a rescue is needed lol Sometimes she can get herself out of things, but sometimes she needs a little help. The girl just attracts danger like a magnet.
Michael, Eve, and Shane all have their own thing going on in this book though. Well, Shane is finally starting to come around in this book with Michael. But I missed Eve about. She was around, but then again she wasn't. So I would like to see more Eve in the next book.

And the thing with Amelie. I don't really trust her at all! She's not that trust worthy and the ending, how could she let that happen. She's up to something and she thinks she's a slickster. And Oliver, I just don't know what to think of him, he's so iffy at times. Jason's a creep (period. point. blank.)

Overall, I am really falling in love with this series :) And I do recommend it if you like vamps and fast paced exciting reads!



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read it. I will be starting it soon. Probably beginning of September. I mean the series lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series and don't even know why, i haven't even started it yet. Great review, can't wait to dive into these books.

    ReplyDelete