I am here today to share with you my author interview with Brigid Kemmerer author of the Elemental series!
I am super excited and would like to thank her for taking the time to answer my questions.
I adore this series! And HIGHLY recommend it to all of you out there. Gabriel is probably my fave and then Chris :)
- Elemental - (0.5) - My 5 star review - Get ebook for $0.99 @ amazon here
- Storm - (1) - My 5 star review - Currently $2.99 in Kindle store @ amazon here
- Fearless - (1.5) - Review coming soon - Get ebook for $1.99 @ amazon here
- Spark - (2) - My 5 star review - Releases August 28th 2012; Pre-Order @ amazon here
- Spirit - (3) - Need ASAP! - Expected Publication May 2013 by K Teen
1. Well to start off, Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Sure! Here’s where I sound entirely pretentious and talk about myself in the third person: Brigid Kemmerer finds the time to write somewhere between caring for her family and working at her day job, but sometimes she ends up mothering her coworkers and managing her family. Storm: The Elemental Series is her first novel.
Basically, the only social life I have is on paper.
2. What made you decide to write a book dealing with the elements?
The first novel I wrote in high school was about four vampire brothers, named Michael, Nicholas, Gabriel, and Christopher. It was a silly story, but I still have most of it on paper. In my twenties, when I really began to take writing seriously, I wrote a few books but was unable to find a literary agent or a publisher. I couldn’t get those four brothers out of my head – but I didn’t want to do vampires again. I started tossing around ideas that would work with the number four. Four horsemen of the apocalypse. Four leaf clovers. Four, four, four. The four elements of earth, air, fire, and water seemed to work best—and I had a lot of ideas how I could make it fun. What teenagers wouldn’t want to be able to control the elements?
3. Did you have any part in the creation of the book covers?
Nope, none at all. Both were happy shocks in my inbox.
4. Who is your favorite Merrick brother and why?
This is like picking a favorite child. I can’t do it! I love them all. Michael is moody, but also carries so much responsibility, and he’s really a softy at heart. (You’ll see more of that in Spark.) Gabriel feels so lost and alone, but he covers it up with sarcasm and aggression. Nick is the “good” brother, but sometimes he doesn’t feel like it. And Chris, poor Chris, the youngest, just trying to figure out where he fits in with his brothers.
5. Which of the five elements would you like to possess and why?
I think water or fire would be the most awesome.
6. Are you currently reading any books?
Right now, I’m reading Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout.
7. When you are reading, do you have any bad habits? (Ex: dog earing pages, etc)
I read on my Kindle, so I don’t have any bad habits like that. If anything, I’ve been known to read on the elevator and walk into work with a book in my face. One of these days I’m going to trip over something.
8. Stand Alone or Series?
9. Who are some of your favorite authors?
Sophie Kinsella, Veronica Rossi, Charlaine Harris, John Green
10. Do you have any advice for those who want to be authors?
I actually just did a post on how long it takes to get published. Take away message: don’t give up. Just keep reading and writing and trying to get better. Here’s a link to the post if you want more details:
11. Where can people find you? (facebook, twitter, blog, etc)
I love meeting new people! I’m very active on Twitter and Facebook:
Also, my website, where you can find book excerpts and more information, is www.brigidkemmerer.com.