Pages


Thursday, August 2, 2012

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood
(Covenant, #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released |October 13th 2011 by Spencer Hill Press|
Edition |Ebook|
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.


I love reading new series that makes me fall in love with them. It just does something to my soul! :D I also have found a new favorite author! Jennifer L. Armentrout, you are amazing! You have given me Daemon (Lux series) and now Aiden...Omg, I'm in swoon mode right now.

The first thing about this book that caught my attention was the fact that it had something to do with mythology. I didn't know how deep in went into it, but I new I had to read it. And the fact that a lot of my fellow book bloggers adore this series :) So, me being me, I had to see what all the hype was about. 

AIDEN! I love him so much :) I fell for him the first moment he step on the scene. His whole persona drew me into his character from the start. Alex, it took me a minute to really like her. At first I thought she was a tad bit whiny, but then I started to sympathize for her because I don't know if I could have handled the situation as well as she did (the whole thing with her mom). She was a strong willed character and I really like that about her. Plus, her attitude! Who doesn't like a smart mouth female lead?! I sure do!

The chemistry between Aiden and Alex...(fanning myself) If something else doesn't happen between those two, I will freak out and start a riot! On another note, I don't know how I feel about Seth. *pauses for a minute*, idk. But I just don't know how to feel about him. Alex, you better not! And who doesn't like Caleb :) He's the bestest best friend a girl could have :D He was just too cute.

I highly recommend this series! It was action packed and suspenseful, with some amazing romance :D The story line was awesome AND there was Aiden. So what can be more better than that?!


2 comments:

  1. Just started reading her other series and so far I like it. I will have to get this one too, because from your review it sounds like it's just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait till you read Pure, the next one, your opinion may change on Seth, well, mine did, also, I found I liked ALex better after I read Daimon the prequel, you can get it free at the publishers website, its an ebook. Anyway, I really love this series, and really loved the first 3 chapters of Deity I got to read as an extra for doing the authors YA scavenger hunt, go to Jennifer's site to see about that if you want too. But if you have not read Pure yet, that will be a spoiler, but wanted to let you know. (also all these authors are giving out signed copies of their books, and Jennifer is also giving books out signed too :)
    Great review, I also love Aiden, but now really like Seth, but not sure if he is trustworthy or not, so far, seems he is, I just don't know, lol.

    ReplyDelete