Pages


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine

The Dead Girls' Dance
(Morganville Vampires, #2)
by Rachel Caine
Released |April 3rd 2007 by NAL Jam|
Edition |Ebook|
Claire Danvers has her share of challenges---like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains, dealing with the homicidal girls in her dorm, and above all, finding out that her college town is overrun with vampires. On the up side, she has a great roommate (who tends to disappear at sunup) and a new boyfriend named Shane, whose vampire-hunting dad has called in backup: cycle punks who like the idea of killing just about anything.
Now a fraternity is throwing its annual Dead Girls' Dance and---surprise!---Claire and her equally outcast best friend, Eve, have been invited. When they find out why, all hell is going to break loose. Because this time both the living and the dead are coming out---and everybody's hungry for blood.

This series is really surprising me! I will definitely continue this series to see what continues to happens with the four friends; Claire, Eve, Michael, and Shane. This series is fast paced and with lots of action that keeps you entertained page after page!


This book picked up, pretty much exactly were Glass Houses left off. The issue with Michael. If you have not read this book or Glass Houses then there may be some spoilers.

In this book, Claire and the gang is on a mission to save Shane. And let me just say that Shane's Dad is a psycho (with a capital 'P'). I went through this book super fast. It was definite a page turner. There was so much action involved in this book, I couldn't seem to put it down. There was also a lot more romance involved in this book than there was in book 1, which I happen to like. The relationship development put a different spin on the book, which made it that much better. The romance still wasn't the main focal point, but it was there. Shane and Claire's relationship is a little odd to me, but cute all the same. Same with Michael and Eve. Those  two are complete opposites!

Monica, I'm starting to realize, will seem to always make an appearence and the issue that involved her in this book didn't really make me feel in sympathy for her. But anyways, there were tons of twists in this book and with that ending, I know there will be tons more  in the next book (which I seriously need to acquire).

This series is definitely a light read and I recommend it for those of you who love vampires and those of you who love a book with action and twists :)


2 comments:

  1. I've read all the books and am currently rereading them; this is one of my absolute favorite series! Some series need to end because they'll lose their touch, but I feel like this one could go on forever and I would never ever tire of it. I'm glad you liked the book, and if you ever want to talk Morganville, contact me!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start reading this series right away it was picked for me by my partner in a pick a book for me thread.

    ReplyDelete