Pages


Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Wrap Up

Hey everyone :)
Here with the monthly wrap up for July.
I read 12 books this month!
So here they are.

Review Books Read



















  • The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter - Netgally (4.5 stars) - I this was a great addition to the series and all the short stories in this book really made one big story with a bigger picture. I loved reading the different stories (except Persephone) I couldn't stand her. But overall, it was great!
  • Intangible by J. Meyers - Received from author (4.5 stars) - I loved this book and the whole concept with twin. It was a fast paced story that was really amazing and left you wanting more. Would you want to be a Healer or a Seer? I also have an Author Interview with J. Meyers, listed in the interview section.
  • What Kills Me by Wynne Channing - Received from author (5 stars) - I loved this book! It was so fast paced, but fill with tons of action and romance and also suspense. And the idea of falling into a well filled with the blood of  ancient vampires and then turning into a vamp because of it...Awesome!
  • The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore - Edelweiss (4.5 stars) - I can't wait for the next book in the series, which I BELIEVE is the finally book :) This story was amazing and it added to the wonderfulness of this series and the reason why we love those numbered aliens!
  • Florence by Ciye Cho - Received from author (4 stars) - This book really surprised me. I haven't read too many mer books, but I find that I am becoming curious about the genre. I like how in this books the mers were different colors. I liked this book because it was suspenseful and it also had some great romance :)
  • The Kill Order by James Dashner - Netgalley (4 stars) - This book was great. I didn't even know there was going to be a prequel until I seen it in someone's haul video 2 weeks ago. I loved the Maze Runner trilogy and reading this book you really get to  see how everything got started. (from the sun flares to The Flare to Thomas) :) But there were some faults in the book that you can see in the full review.
Other Books Read :)



















  • Matched and Crossed by Ally Condie - Library (4 stars to both) - I really like this series. I didn't think I was, but I can't wait for Reached. This book is as slow paced as everyone says it is, but if you can overlook how slow the story is, then you can find how amazing the actual books are. Crossed was slower than Matched, but it was still good. Ky :D
  • Kiss The Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton - Ebook (3.5 stars) - I really do like this series, but it is dragging out and needs to end soon. I mean seriously this was book 21 I think. Sometimes an author just needs to end a series. I like the story, but it wasn't as good as some of the other books.
  • Fever by Lauren Destefano - Library/Ebook (5 stars) - Yes, I read it both as a hardcopy and ebook. I already had the ebook, but i also had a library copy of it and I would switch back and forth between the two. I know, weird lol :) But I loved this sequel and can't wait for Sever!
  • Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Ebook (5 stars) - OMG! Dawson...So sad, but amazing how we get to see his story. I loved Dawson. He was so fun and bubbly and a true romantic. The idiots!!!! I'm still upset. I can't wait for Onyx.
  •  Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout -Ebook (5 stars) - I loved this book :D I see why everyone raves about this series and I adore AIDEN! I need to hurry and read Pure since I already have it :)

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, twelve books is a lot! I only read 8 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Janina :D By any chance, have you also read Vampire Academy? I happened to buy a copy of Half Blood, although I've heard that it's really similar to Vampire Academy. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've read the VA series and I don't think the two are similar at all.
      They might have somethings similar, maybe like the school setting, but other than that no...

      But Half-Blood was AMAZING though! And so is VA :D

      Delete
  3. Those look all very good, I only read Matched from all of that pile and want to get my hands basically on all the rest. ;) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Janina,
    Looks like you were busy in July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get the best ARC's, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete