Pages


Sunday, August 19, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx
(Lux, #2)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released |August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen|
Edition |Ebook|


Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Daemon is just to DIE for :D I absolutely loved the sequel to Obsidian. This book was amazing and had so many different things that left my mouth gaping open, whether it was from the steamy hot romance between Katy and Daemon or the suspense and twists that happened in the story! 
I think everyone has said this, but there was so much sexual tension between Katy and Daemon. Like the kind that make you want to fan yourself, but scream at the book at the same because you want them to hurry up and connect already. Those two drove me crazy in this book! Daemon showed a different side of himself in this installment. We got to see his sweeter side and his feelings for Katy were so evident at times. But then there Katy, Ms. Oblivious...I swear the girl piss me off to the extreme. How could you not have seen it? Or better yet, why were you in denial?!! That's the only thing that really upset me with this book. Katy had so much denial going on, she could drown in it, literally.

But anyways, the story was amazing! There were so many twists and turns happening. One minute you think you might know what's happening and then "BOOOOOOM!" something extreme happens that catches you off guard. The whole alien thing going on with Katy was....AWESOME! I loved it :) I really enjoyed that, but that Blake guy. I was with Daemon. I didn't like him from the get go. He was too perfect. And then his weird reaction to certain situations had me questioning many things.

And the ending was so...Happy and sad at the same time. Like OMG, what is going to happen in book 3. What? I need to know. I can't stand not knowing, I'm about to have a panic attack! Not really, but the ending now has me curious. And who is the guy that can't be trusted that (blank) was talking about?!

Amazing. I highly recommend this series. Well ANY JLA book that has ever been written :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm just waiting to read the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I'm half way through Obsidian and I love it so far. I can't wait to see how this one ends and then read Onyx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started Obsidian, and I'm loving it. Can't wait to read this one. I'll have to wait until September I'm using it for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete