Pages


Sunday, August 12, 2012

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Glass Houses
(The Morganville Vampires, #1)
by Rachel Caine
Released |October 3rd 2006 by NAL Jam|
Edition |Ebook|
From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.


I've heard so much about this series from so many people that I finally decided to give this book a try. And I have to say, I really did enjoy it, but I did not expect to.


I thought this book would be your average vampire book. Well it kind of was to be honest, but it had a lot of fun elements to the book that kept me turning the pages. This was definitely a light read for me. I zoomed through this book!

The characters were awesome. The four; Claire, Michael, Shane, and Eve were really fun to get to know. They each brought different personalities to the story that I really enjoyed. This review seems likes it's going to be short...But back to the subject at hand! I enjoyed the characters and the story had some great action, but that little glimpse of romance that was show was, blah. It didn't do anything for me. I'll just have to continue the series a little more to see how that goes.

The ending was one those, WTF moments. I don't know how I felt about. I didn't really like it and it was a tad bit confusing AND it left off with a huge cliff hanger.

But over all I really enjoyed the story and can't wait to read the next one!



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review!! I've been on the fence about reading this book, but now I think I'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend forced me to read this, and I really don't like vampire books that much. So I was fairly surprised when I actually enjoyed this book! I'm glad she forced me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually run away from YA Vampire books because I wasn't the biggest fan of Twilight or Bloodlines :/ Would you say there's a large focus of romance in this book? Usually that's one of the biggest elements that bother me... anyways, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there was barely any romance at all. Just a hints here and there. But I was glass because that wasn't this books main focus! Which is rare.

      Delete
  4. We have very similar book likes. Haha. This book is also on my shelf waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete