Pages


Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Howl for a Highlander by Terry Spear

A Howl for a Highlander
(Heart of the Wolf, #10)
by Terry Spear
Released |February 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks|
Edition |eARC|
Source |Netgalley|
Add to Goodreads

A Highland Wolf on a Mission...
Duncan MacNeill is hell-bent on catching the thief who's stolen the clan's fortune and run off to Grand Cayman Island. Duncan has rarely left his homeland and he couldn't care less about an island paradise. He never expected to find a beautiful distraction who will show him just how appealing paradise can be...
Meets a Dangerous Distraction...
Lone wolf and botanist Shelley Campbell headed to the island to study the old growth forests. She didn't count on meeting a handsome Highlander who can't keep his paws off her.

I am so glad to continue on with this Heart of the Wolf series and the world of wolves that Terry Spear has created. In this installment we continue on with Duncan and Shelley's story, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Something about this Highlander wolf, Duncan, caught my attention. Maybe it was the accent?! Probably :)


I was really excited going into reading this story for some reason. I thought the romance aspect of the book was okay. In the beginning, it was turning out to be a bit of insta-love, sometimes I have a problem with that and sometimes I don't. It just depends on how the author go about it. I liked how the insta-love slowed down though. At first it was turning out to be really fast paced, but as the book continued, things slowed down between the two characters and you started to see the connection and the chemistry between the two and that was greatly appreciated! I loved Duncan, of course. Always the males :) He was very protective and very alpha. Sometimes a little too protective, but come on, who wants a weakling? lol And I also thought Shelley was a great mate for him. She was strong minded and didn't let Duncan's alpha tendencies overpower what she believed was right. A strong female lead is what I love in a book and Shelley was the perfect one for him.

The story line in this installment kept my interest. The issue with the Highlander's pack money being taken and Duncan being the one to try to get it really had me intrigued to find out how things would play out. There was some great entertainment in this book and it was page turner in my eyes. I finished this book in the span of a day. That tells you something!

I definitely recommend this series to those of you who love wolf shifter stories and a good paranormal romance to occupy your time :) Thanks so much to Netgalley for providing me with an arc of A Howl for A Highlander. All thoughts are my honest opinion!



No comments:

Post a Comment