Pages


Sunday, January 20, 2013

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave
(Night Huntress, #1)
by Jeaniene Frost
Released |October 30th 2007 by Avon|
Edition |Mass Market Paperback, 358 pages|

Add to Goodreads

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually "good" vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

Omg, this is one of the best books I've read this month :) I freaking loved it! Why am I just now reading this. If I hadn't have read Once Burned first and others had told me that was the spin off to this series, I would have never started this book. Great thing I did though! This book was amazing :) And once I finish this review, I will buying and starting book 2!


I see why everyone was telling me about Bones! OMG, he is my new love. That accent of his drove me wild. He was an amazing character to get to know, beside the fact of how sexy he was and all. I mean, he was seriously the definition of bad ass! And didn't care one way or the other if someone got in his way. They'd just get eliminated :) And Cat was a pretty awesome character too and the two of them together was explosive. I loved the chemistry of the two from the very beginning. From the beginning of this book, I KNEW it was going to be a fantastic read.

This book was a definite page turner. I finished it in like a day and a half and I am dying to start the second book. The romance, the action, and the characters made for an amazing read. Everything came together in a way that left you wanting more and more AND MORE. I love Jeaniene Frost's writing style.

Can't wait to start book 2! I definitely recommend this to those who love the genre and books like these.


7 comments:

  1. Yes this is an excellent series and I knew you'd like it! Bones is amazing!!! I flew through the books when I started! Enjoy! I actually need to catch up on the most recently released one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an AWESOME series. I love it. I'm reading One Grave at a Time in the series. I recommend this series to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. its ALWAYS great when a book blows your mind away! Its actually the first time I hear about this, so thanks so much for sharing! and yum, Bones! hahaha!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh sounds amazing!! I haven't read any vampire books in a while, maybe I'll check this one out.
    -
    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely check it out. It is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you really enjoyed it. I haven't read about vamps for a while and love an endorsement of best book this month.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I take that back, Black CIty was technically about vamps, but it didn't feel like it to me.

      Delete