Pages


Thursday, January 17, 2013

Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Spell Bound
(Hex Hall, #3)
by Rachel Hawkins
Released |March 13th 2012 by Hyperion Book CH|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted.
Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.
Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?

This was fantastic conclusion in the Hex Hall trilogy. I absolutely loved this book :) I loved every single book in this trilogy! Rachel Hawkins does a fantastic job in capturing the audience from the first page to the last page of a book. I highly recommend this series because it's a fave of mine :)


I was super excited to finally get to this book. I've had it for SO long and was so happy to dive right into it. I didn't think I would remember much since it has been so long since I've read Demonglass, but once I started reading Spell Bound I was sucked right back into the world I loved with no problems. I absolutely loved being reunited with the characters I've come to adore. Sophie is amazing! I just love her attitude :) She is pure entertainment. Oh, and Archer :) I absolutely love that guy!

And this book did NOT disappoint in the action department. Each book always has so many action packed adventures and shocking news, and Spell Bound was no exception. The suspense was there, the romance was there, the action was there, and sadness was also there. A definite page turner in my eyes!

That ending in the final battle was really sad. I wasn't suspecting that. I don't know why since that tends to happen in quite a few YA books, but it was sad. But the ending, ending, as in the final pages made me smile :) I was so happy with the way the book ended. It was a nice conclusion to an amazing series and I can't wait to read the spin off series. Hopefully some of our favorite characters from this series will be in the spin off :)


8 comments:

  1. I'm yet to read Hex Hall series but I'm so happy to see that you enjoy it! I hope I'll get some time to read this series soon. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the Trilogy! :) I can't wait to check out the spin off.

      Delete
  2. Im so glad you love this series! I have the first two books, but I never got to read them!! :( & im so glad that the book ended with a smile!! Great review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you get a chance to start them :) They're fun reads and I read them really quick!

      Delete
  3. I bought this one on the release date, but simply didn't gather th courage to read it yet because I stumbled upon a spoiler and I... well, you know. :)
    It's great to know that the other parts didn't disappoint, especially the action parts.
    Great review! New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review! I requested this from my college library and it finally came in so I plan to start reading it this weekend and can't wait! It's been a while since I've read Demonglass but hopefully it'll all come back to me as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely need to get caught up on this series, I love the mc, and how funny it can be.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I have read this whole series and loved it!

    ReplyDelete