Pages


Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso

A Shimmer of Angels
(Angel Sight, #1)
by Lisa M. Basso
Released |January 29th 2013 by Month9Books, LLC|
Edition |eARC|
Source |Netgalley|
Add to Goodreads
Sixteen-year-old Rayna sees angels, and has the medication and weekly therapy sessions to prove it. Now, in remission, Rayna starts fresh at a new school, lands a new job, and desperately tries for normalcy. She ignores signs that she may be slipping into the world she has tried so hard to climb out of. But these days, it’s more than just hallucinations that keep Rayna up at night. Students are dying, and she may be the only one who can stop it. Can she keep her job, her sanity, and her friends from dying at the hands of angels she can't admit to seeing?
A Shimmer of Angels was one of the books of 2013 that I have been dying to get my hands on. The cover caught my eye and the synopsis sealed the deal. It was an enjoyable read an I would recommend this to all the angel lovers out there.


I was really excited when I got my hands on a copy of this book. To be honest though, I had some ups and downs with this book. The beginning half of the book was a little shaky. I found I couldn't get into the book all that well because I would get annoyed with the protagonist, Rayna. The thing that annoyed me was the 'crazy' issue. Now, I understand she's in remission, but after the first 50 pages of it, it kind of got old real fast. Even when she knows they're real, she still acted like she was crazy...I didn't get it.

But the book wasn't all bad though, only that the beginning was slow. The book really pick up in the last half of the book. It was fast paced and action packed! I was really drawn into the story in the end and I really didn't expect the bits of romance that was thrown into the mix. And I must admit I am Team Kade :) Typical right?! I always fall for the bad boys. Between Kade and Cam, I thought Kade had a bit more of a personality to him. He's more intriguing and mysterious, hot and cold. Cam was a great character, but he was too much of a 'I follow the rules' kind of person.

Overall, I thought the book was an interesting and entertaining read. I really wish that the beginning hadn't been so rocky for me, but hopefully book 2 won't be that way and I'm really excited for its release. I would like to thank Netgalley for the opportunity to review A Shimmer of Angels. All thoughts are my honest opinion!



2 comments:

  1. Ooh Great review Janina! I love the whole idea of this book and the cover looks so good! I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no I usually never end up finishing a book if I have trouble with the protagonist. O_O But I'm glad it picked up for you somewhat. lol ;p And you have me very very very curious about Team Kade....is it too early to join, if you haven't even read the book? ;p I can't wait to meet him, he sounds awesome! I love me some bad boys! :D Awesome review, Janina! :)

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete