Pages


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

One Foot in the Grave 
(Night Huntress, #2)
by Jeaniene Frost
Released |April 29th 2008 by Avon|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

You can run from the grave, but you can’t hide…
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She’s still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.
Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head – wanted: dead or half-alive – means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she’ll find that desire lasts forever … and Bones won’t let her get away again. Original.

Okay, so I am now seriously loving this series. I finished book one yesterday and now I've finished book 2 today in half a day...So yeah, loving it! I can't wait to read book 3. This series is pure entertainment to me. So far, I definitely recommend the series :)



This was a pretty awesome sequel in the Night Huntress series. I didn't know how things would go considering what happened at the end on book 1, but things were pretty good. Cat and Bones are two awesome characters that I love. Especially Bones! That guy continuously has me cracking up throughout the book. Cat too with her sarcasm. That girl is feisty! I almost died when she told her Mom she'd let Bones bite her if she ruin Denise's wedding. That Mom of hers is something else!

The side characters are pretty interesting as well. Juan, Tate, Don and them. Denise, the friend though, I didn't see what was the point in her role. She didn't really do much as a character, but provide the wedding scene. That's about it. Maybe she'll have more of a role in the upcoming books. I don't know though.

Of course the romance in this book was once again scorching. But I like how, so far in the series, the books haven't been filled with just sexual scenes. I mean they're there, but it's not overwhelming like how it is in some books and I like that. And the book was action packed like the last and it was surely a page turner since I finished this in half a day. I couldn't put it down. I am just too intrigued with the characters and humor.

Can't wait to start book 3 to get another glimpse of Bones :) And I'm also looking forward to all the drama and excited from the other characters as well lol


2 comments:

  1. The romance is scorching! I also love the guys, Tate, Juan and Don. I feel bad for Tate and would totally take him since Cat has Bones. This series ruined me for all other paranormal romances! LOL I would say the Georgina Kincaid series is one of my other top favorites. Not sure if you have read that one but I highly recommend it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scorching romance as well as well done side characters. Lovely review. I need to read some Frost soon, I have heard a lot about her.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete