Pages


Thursday, January 10, 2013

Seduced by the Wolf & Wolf Fever by Terry Spear

Seduced by the Wolf 
(Heart of the Wolf, #5)
by Terry Spear
Released |August 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks|
Edition |Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages|
Add to Goodreads

His first priority is to protect his pack...
Werewolf pack leader Leidolf Wildhaven has just taken over a demoralized pack. With rogue wolves on the loose causing havoc and the authorities from the zoo suddenly zeroing in on the local wolf population, the last thing he needs in his territory is a do-gooder female, no matter how beautiful and enticing she is...
She'll do anything to help wolves...
Biologist Cassie Roux has dedicated her life to protecting wolves in the wild. On a desperate mission to help a she-wolf with newborn pups, the last thing Cassie needs right now is a nosy and entirely too attractive werewolf pack leader trying to track her down...
With rogue wolves and hunters threatening at every turn, Cassie and Leidolf may find their attraction the most dangerous force of all...
Another book down in this Heart of the Wolf series. I feel as though Terry Spear does a great job in capturing an audience into the world of these wolves. The books are filled with pages, but makes for a lightweight read. This installment was pretty good and I did enjoy it, but I felt certain aspects of the books could have been better.

I've been wanting to read Leidolf's story for a while now because he tended to pop up in almost every book so far. So going into this book, I was really excited. I enjoyed this the story a lot, along with the characters and the fast pace of the story. The romance department was kind of lacking to me though. Cassie and Leidolf had an attraction to each other and you could tell. I did like it a little bit, but I didn't feel it was an actual romance. I'm not explaining this well. There was romance, but I guess it wasn't developed enough. I felt like throughout the entire book the two was in the 'dating stage' not the 'love stage' to be mating. I don't think the words 'I love you' was uttered once throughout the entire book. Not even in the end! And I didn't even realize it until I got to the end of the book.

Overall, I thought the story was good, but had a few lacking elements. The book had some good characters and great action :)

Wolf Fever
(Heart of the Wolf, #6)
by Terry Spear
Released |December 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads
Fate turned nurse Carol Woods into a wolf, but she refuses to let being a lupus garou define her life. Ordered by her pack leader to find a mate and commit to shifting, there is only one gray wolf that catches Carol's interest; but Chaz McKinley makes it very clear that unless she's willing to accept what she is, he wants nothing to do with her. When a virus outbreak leaves local pack members trapped in their wolf form, will Chaz and Carol learn to trust each other before it's too late for the pack and their one chance at true love?
I really didn't have to many expectations going into this installment because I really wasn't that interested in reading about the two main characters of this book. I was quite surprise that I enjoyed this book as much as I did. I fell for Ryan, of course, and thought he was a fantastic alpha male. Carol was also a pretty good alpha female :) I really liked how this installment in the heart of the wolf series brought new elements. With Carol's psychic gifts, a lot of things happened differently with being able to experience the visions with her and things of that sort. And I loved her final vision with Ryan in it ;) Lots of danger and lots of excitement went on in this book to keep your mind occupied and stuck between the pages! And I also liked how this book didn't jump face first into the romance and heated scenes. There was attraction, obviously, but it was paced :) Overall, I definitely enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next!


1 comment:

  1. Ryan sounds great, and I am glad it pleasantly surprised you.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete