Pages


Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fractured Soul by Rachel McClellan

Fractured Soul
(Fractured Light, #2)
by Rachel McClellan
Released | February 2013 by Sweetwater Books|
Edition |eARC|

Source |Netgalley|
Add to Goodreads
Llona will do whatever it takes to protect her new found friends and home, but the dark plot that is threatening Lucent Academy, a school that’s supposed to be a safe place for Auras, may be too powerful for even Llona to defeat. This fast-paced tale of love, loyalty, and overcoming the darkness will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page!

Fractured Soul was an amazing sequel to Fractured Light! I think I enjoyed this installment better than the first :) It was darker than the first and there was some awesome new characters and different elements that came into play in this story. I highly recommend this series!


I loved this book. Since I read Fractured Light awhile ago my memory of book 1 was a little scarce, but once I got started reading Fractured Soul, things began falling into place and my memory came back. I really liked how this book is much darker than the first. The protagonist, Llona, is battling with some of her own inner demons on top of fighting the evil and trying to figure out the danger. I loved every moment of it :) Also, our guy Christian was there. OMG, that ending! But anyways, we also meet tons of other new characters in this installment. For instance, Liam. I loved him :) *ahem* Kinda more than Christian...

This book was action packed to the extreme. There were so many mysteries to try and figure out and so much danger and darkness overcoming characters that it kept you in suspense. This was a true PAGE TURNER! I could not put this book down. I can't wait to figure out what's going to happen in book 3, Fractured Truth, because the ending was unbelievable!

Thanks so much to Netgalley for a review copy of Fractured Soul. All thoughts are my honest opinion!


2 comments:

  1. Your review makes me want to read Fractured Light and Fractured Soul! Great review, Janina!

    Ifrah@Booksters' Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first, but sounds like i need to. I like it when a second book amazes me more than the firs.t
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete